广播爱好者基地社区BCL讨论大区 → [原创]本人今天花了1个多小时给BBC写了一篇不短的报告,关于A06如何提高BBC中文广播信号质量,请看
查看完整版本:[原创]本人今天花了1个多小时给BBC写了一篇不短的报告,关于A06如何提高BBC中文广播信号质量,请看
3/1/2006 8:38:01 PM
今天已经EMAIL发出了,各位看看还有什么需要添加或者修改的?可以回帖告诉我,也可发短信.

Hello. Again it's me writing to you concerning BBC Chinese transmissions. But this time I don't want to further complain about the current poor BBC Chinese reception. Instead, since A06 broadcasting season (from 26th March to 28th Oct.) is coming, which means a regular frequency change will take place, I would like to make some suggestions about the new frequencies and transmission sites you may use.

Note: Times are in GMT unless otherwise specified. "freq" is short for frequency. Unit of freq is kHz. "mb" is short for meterband. My frequency and transmission information such as site locations, anzimuth, power in this article are collected from ILG Radio Database.

Let's talk about BBC Chinese Evening broadcast first. BBC Chinese Evening broadcast starts from 1100GMT and ends at 1530GMT (Local Chinese time is 1900-2330).

1) 7330 is one of the frequencies you use now for this broadcast. It is transmitted from Vladivostok in Russia. This transmitter should still be used for A06, but a more appropriate frequency needs to replace 7330. Higher frequencies in 31 mb or 25 mb such as 9XXX, 11XXX or 12XXX (X could be a digit) are recommended. (Two reasons: 1st, Chinese jamming is usually heavier on low freqs; 2nd, 41 meterband which 7330 is on is quite crowded with many stations using same or adjacent freqs.) And it is also suggested that this transmitter could use two different freqs for BBC Chinese Evening broadcast. Period 1100-1300 there is one and Period 1300-1530 change to the other, in order to avoid some jamming (maybe this won't be effective,but TRY!).

2) I strongly suggest you use one or more transmitters in Irkust or Novosibirsk in Russia for the BBC Chinese Evening broadcast. Some international broacasters are using Irkust and Novosibirsk transmitters and the reception is quite good, especially a 500kw transmitter in Novosibirsk with azimuth 125 degrees. This transmitter currently delivers excellent signal for Radio France International Chinese Service in most part of China on 7430 kHz, 1200-1300GMT. I suggest you use this transmitter after RFI Chinese finishes. i.e. BBC Chinese could be radiated from 1300 using this transmitter. Before 1300 there is another Novosibirsk transmitter available, which is a 200kw transmitter in Novosibirsk with azimuth 111 degrees!! You could use it 1100-1300!! After 1300 I think it will be used for Voice of America Chinese Service. THINK ABOUT THIS!! As compensation you could cancel bad transmission from South Korea (currently on 6090) or Tokyo-Yamata, Japan (currently on 9605)!!

3) I studied ILG Radio Database and found that your BBC do have a transmitter in Nakhon Sawan with anzimuth of 40 degrees. Currently 15280 kHz has this azimuth 0000-0530GMT for BBC World Service. The reception of 15280 is quite good. This azimuth (40 degrees) is apporiate for good reception in Eastern China after my careful measuring and drawing on a map. Others such as 20, 25 are too towards the west which is NOT well-populated (deserts and montains!!). Remember NINETY percent (90%!!) of Chinese people live in the East. To use the transmitter with 40 (FORTY!!, not else) degree azimuth for BBC Chinese Evening broadcast is a VERY WISE decision!!

Then is something about BBC Chinese morning broadcast. BBC Chinese morning broadcast starts from 2200GMT and ends at 2330GMT (Local Chinese time is 0600-0730 the next day).

4) Still I suggest you use transmitter in Nakhon Sawan with anzimuth of 40 degrees as well for BBC Chinese morning broadcast. Actually you used to use 15280 (which has 40 azimuth) for part of the morning broadcast (2200-2300) in A01 season. The reception was GOOD! You should resume to use 15280 for this morning broadcast and not only 2200-2300 but should also include the remaining half an hour which is 2300-2330. After 2330 I think you would put BBC World Service on it.

5) Using Irkust or Novosibirsk transmitters are again recommended. Reasons are the same. As compensation you could cancel bad transmission from South Korea (currently on 6170) or Oman (currently on 7150) or 9580 from Nakhon Sawan (don't cancel other signal from Nakhon Sawan. 9580 ONLY because its reception is very bad). Don't cancel morning broacast transmission from Tokyo-Yamata, Japan (currently on 11945 2200-2300), instead you should extend half an hour to 11945, from 2200 straight to 2330. I already mentioned this point in my previouse complaint emails. Look at them for details of 11945 extension.

6) USA's IBB (International Broadcasting Bureau), who is responsible for the transmission of USA's Voice of America and Radio Free Asia, has transmission sites in the Philippines and Saipan/Tinian Islands (mainly used for broadcasts to China). Signals from these sites are extremely OF HIGH QUALITY (better than your BBC's) and one of its signal feature is that it does a very good job in counteracting Chinese jamming. Recent information shows that IBB is giving up some transmission from these sites due to lack of funds for shortwave broadcasting. Some transmitter may be freed, which means BBC could hire these transmitters! NOT joking, it's all true! You can use IBB's transmitter to broadcast BBC Chinese signal (and of course pay)!! I think you must have contact method of IBB. Contact them NOW and hopefully good reception of BBC is NO LONGER a dream!!
3/1/2006 9:03:04 PM

给BBC中文部写信可以用中文的!

chinese@bbc.co.uk

chinese.letterbox@bbc.co.uk

3/1/2006 9:08:52 PM

回复此帖:原文由 Simba 发表于 2006-3-1 21:03:04

知道的,但是给中文部发他们还得翻译成英文再转交技术部,他们的翻译可能会偏离我的原意,也可能根本就不翻译,闲置在一边。另外这也增加他们的工作量。所以我直接给BBC技术部发了英文报告。